13 Decor Hacks from Pinterest
September 7, 2016
This week, we’re featuring some of our favorite Pins! We’re passionate about homes, but that’s not limited to building them. We love finding ways to decorate our homes, and keep them organized. Below are our top 13 Pinterest Hacks that have proven to as functional as they are cute!
- The Charging Basket – Charging all the devices is always a struggle! This idea is easy, functional, and beautiful! Click on the picture for information on how to get this look.
2. The Coffee Mug Hanger – You can purchase your personalized coffee mug hanger made from reclaimed wood through the link in the picture. Most of us have super cute mugs, so this is a great way to keep them on display, and off of the counters!
3. The Perfect Console Table – It’s is hard to come by, so you might as well build this one. The slim fit is has the perfect space to add some decor and keep things organized, without taking up too much hall-space. The added bonus? You make it, you stain it! Pick the best color for your home.
4. Drawer Pull Hacks – Drawer pulls are often overlooked, but clearly have some great uses in the home. This is our favorite for inconspicuous hanging storage, but there are more options if you follow the link in the picture.
5. Funky Shelves – Your shelves can say as much as what’s on them with these DIY instructions. The round design adds interest to the room, and can be really great for storing odd-shaped things like blankets.
6. Overhead Drying Rack – We all know that struggle: too many clothes to hang and too little utility room space! Industrial metal drying racks aren’t visually appealing, so try this super easy trick! Full instructions are in the link on the picture.
7. The Command Station – Every homeowner needs their one! It’s a great spot to keep track of schedules, paperwork, and food for the week. To decorate it, us it as a great spot to showcase a household motto. We particularly love the locker boxes at the bottom.
8. Stone Shoe Storage – North Texas has experienced a rainy year! Save your floors from all the wet shoes with a DIY pebble storage box! It catches all the water and mud, then cleans like a charm.
9. Magnetic Makeup – You probably don’t host parties in your ‘getting ready’ area, but that doesn’t mean it can’t look cute. Use this magnetic makeup board to keep all your beauty tools organized and looking great!
10. Powder Room Do Over – The powder room is often overlooked in decorating. This example shows that a little effort can go a long way! It also incorporates a little extra storage space, which we always love.
11. Lovely Bottles – Soap bottles can be unsightly and messy! Use this cute DIY hack to keep your kitchen looking neat and appealing all year round! You can also buy soap in bulk with these, and save money.
12. Powerful Plants – Many people use plastic plants to decorate their homes. They’re harder to kill, but require constant dusting and don’t contribute anything more than pretty looks. Instead, try using some of the live plants listed in the link above. They’ll keep your house looking great while they filter the air for you!
13. Framing Guide – Hanging pictures always seems easy until you actually have to do it. The link in the picture below has some great references for different patterns to suit your space and style.
Until Next Time,